Steve Roberts is very well known in the criminal investigation community and often consults and instructs concerning police procedures with agencies in the U.S. He has also worked on movies as the police expert and is acknowledged in several fictional mysteries for helping authors with correct police procedure. He will be talking about homicides, but from the angle of what the L/D (that’s Lieutenant Detective, the person in charge) is thinking from the time the call comes in.
Topics will include:
- Bringing the crime scene back to the pure scene of the suspect and the victim.
- Reading of the crime scene.
- What the victim was thinking.
- What the suspect was thinking.
- The game between the killer and the investigator
- The importance of the interrogation.
May 6, 2012 at 2pm