Candice is a multi-faceted writer with broad experience in both the fiction and non-fiction writing worlds. She considers herself primarily a fiction writer (writing in genres that span romance to YA urban fantasy), but while waiting for the big book deal, she decided to put her skills as a writer to good use. Applying everything she had learned about fiction writing to non-fiction writing, enabled Candice to go from office admin (which she hated) to writing for a living (which she loved). Now Candice will share with ORWA the many things she’s learned writing non-fiction on tight deadlines for multiple publications and editors that can also be applied to fiction writing.
In her workshop for ORWA Candice will cover:
- how to become a better writer (courses, workshops and memberships which are truly helpful)
- the many paths of professional writing (journalism, non-fiction, fiction, advertising, technical, note-taking, summary reporting, and commercial)
- the art of the query letter
- getting a reputable agent
- additional useful skills (e.g. photography)
- getting paid v. writing for nothing
- further resources to help get established
About Candice Vetter
Candice (a former president of ORWA) is currently working on her eighth fiction manuscript, a romantic YA urban fantasy and looking forward to reconnecting with former ORWAN colleagues.
November 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Hall D, Mlacak Community Centre, Beaverbrook Kanata